Metropolis teams with London Science Museum and RAF Red Arrows
Dateline: 7th Oct 2010, London Science Museum
Dateline: 7 th Oct 2010, London Science Museum. “This is the first time you can properly experience what it’s like to fly in a Red Arrows aeroplane…” so said Squadron Leader Ben Murphy, Red Arrows team leader at the inaugural event of the new Fly Zone gallery on the third floor of the Science Museum.
Fly Zone is the result of a joint venture development between Metropolis Entertainment and the Museum and includes four Red Arrows ‘kiddie ride simulators, two Fly 360 interactive flight simulators and the ground breaking Red Arrows 3D full motion effects theatre.
Combining the world’s first ‘in cockpit’ 3D fast jet film with the dynamic 6 DOF Stargazer hydraulic motion bases has created an experience which according to Murphy is “just like being in the aeroplane”.
Opening the proceedings, Sir Douglas Gurr, Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the Science Museum said it was a fabulous exhibit “that met the dual goals of combining technology and education”.
The centrepiece of the exhibit is a 3D film shot on location with the Red Arrows in Cyprus and which presents a pilot’s eye view of some of the most exhilarating manoeuvres in the team’s current display. During the event which was attended by the entire team, including the ground crew and support personnel, a special presentation was made to a number of lucky children who had won a Science Museum media competition. This presentation included meeting the team members and riding the simulators with them.
Metropolis is the exclusive distributor of the Stargazer motion bases and the world leader in the development of 3D / 4D motion effects attractions and associated content.
For further information please contact:
Paul Spence or Ghislaine Walls
Phone: +44 (0)1825 841 161
Mob: +44 (0)7515 850 577
Fax: +44 (0)1825 841 430
- World's first 3D fast jet film with RAF Red Arrows.
- London Science Museum and Metropolis to develop new flight simulation gallery.
- 21 seat Stargazer 6DOF motion theatre for London Science Museum.
- Kiddie ride Red Arrows simulators exclusive to Metropolis.
- Metropolis to distribute MaxFlight Fly 360 interactive flight simulators.
- Metropolis appointed world wide sitributor for the all new Motion Master capsule simulator.
- Metropolis and former Apollo astronaut produce groundbreaking 3D film, Legend of Apollo, launch venue, London Science Museum.
- Stargazer Motion Theatre is centrepiece of new Hong Kong Wetlands Centre.
- Metropolis teams with former Apollo astronaut in satellite recovery venture.
- Ten minute high definition corporate video for Toyota distributed.
- Mobile Morphis ESPs are centrepiece of Coca Cola Winter Olympics tour.
- Kalamazoo Air Zoo theatre wins Museum & Heritage Award of Excellence.
- Metropolis manages European simulation road show for GE.
- 3D Theatre installation for Istanbul's biggest mall.
- Metropolis Films create animated journey through a jet engine and through the human heart.
- GE heart simulation makes four channels of national TV at world cardiology conference in Barcelona.
- Formula 1 motion ride film created for Toyota.
- Metropolis direct inaugural event for Toyota HQ in Oman.
- New single seat simulator launched at GE's Beijing conference.